Sunday, July 19, 2009

Please, Not Another Date Night

Photo by Penny Starr/cnsnews.com

Earlier in the week, Joe Biden, last years smart VP candidate, addressed a meeting of the AARP in which he was quoted as saying:
“We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation,” Biden said.

“Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’” Biden said. “The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you.”
It remains unclear if he "got any action" in the after-speech shmoozing session, but other reports, as yet unconfirmed, attribute him as saying:

"Under our new plan, your doctor may actually be a lawyer, but at least you'll have health care".

"I knew John Kennedy. John Kennedy was a friend of mine. You're no John Kennedy. I just made that up".

"Killing Al Queda in Afghanistan is completely different from killing Al Queda in Iraq. It's not the same thing at all".

"The public simply must keep financing Wall Street banks. The only people who can get us out of this mess, are the ones who screwed it up. Nobody else on the planet knows how to be a bank president. I don't, do you?"

"Buying American doesn't necessarily mean protectionism. Foreigners can still sell things here all they want to, we just won't buy them."

"It's not necessary for legislators to read legislation. When I was a Senator, I just read the Boston Globe; they have someone over there who reads all that legislative stuff".

GM makes wonderful cars. I've never personally owned a car, myself, but I hear they're nice. Are they the ones who make the Mercedes limo?"

"The University of Delaware is an excellent law school. I learned all my rhetorical skills there".

No comments: