Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Last Sarah Palin Post (At Least For A While)

OK, here's the deal. The market is so over-saturated with Sarah Palin stories that even I don't read them anymore. It's time to let the poor woman exit the stage. Let her go make some peanut butter sandwiches for the kids and be a mom. Let her get, what had been, a normal life back.

It's not that Governor Palin was such a great candidate. She wasn't. She was the last slim hope and the most difficult candidate I ever tried to defend. With her resignation, she not only abandons the field, she takes all of our weapons with her.

Those familiar with my political views, know that I separate the Republican Party into 2 major factions; east coast old money and western new money, Wall Street versus Main Street, fur coats and cloth coats. It was a long time between Calvin Coolige and Ronald Reagan. I suspect I have seen the last of the cloth coat candidates, at least on the national stage. Too bad. Life goes on.

No comments: