Saturday, August 22, 2009

New Blog In Town

A couple of weeks ago I was scrolling through my Twitter feed and found that a couple of blogger/journalist friends of mine had started a new website called This Is Reno. Bob Conrad and Ryan Jerz have some unique views on what journalism is , and what it can be. You can find some insight into their views on the philosophy page. Another interesting aspect is that they're encouraging participation from other bloggers/writers/journalists from around the Reno area.

So I got to thinking, maybe I could contribute something sometime. Just about then, Bob emailed me asking if I'd like to double-post in the opinion section. Well, for a blogger, being asked to contribute to another bloggers project is the highest form of flattery, and as my old algebra teacher used to say, "Flattery will get you everywhere", so I agreed. In an effort to bring my reader(s) over, I wrote a 2 part series, "Deflation threat debunked", that is appearing only on This is Reno. You can find part 1 here. Part 2 will be published on Sunday.

Besides Bob of
The Good, The Bad, The Spin
, and Ryan of
Mr. Jerz
, and myself, Laurel of
Ann On Everything
, and Mike of
i am indisposed
have also joined the fun. Knowing these people, this could be more than fun, it could be revolutionary. What's more fun than a revolution?

No comments: